New BCCHS Parking Lot Finished

Taya Black Eagle, Reporter

Many students are excited and relieved that the parking lot has finally been completed. However, some may be confused by the new arrangements. Some students aren’t sure who is allowed to park in the new parking lot or how spaces were given out and organized.

Courtesy of Billings Catholic Schools Facebook

Before giving seniors their personal parking spaces, principal Shel Hanser first made sure all of the teachers and staff had parking spaces. Spots were then reserved for visitors. There was no designated way of assigning spaces—it was completely random. Seniors, of course, were overjoyed with the newly paved parking lot, and parents were as well, as they no longer have to drop their children off at the side door or move around the construction.

Of course, not everyone was happy with the arrangements. Some underclassmen who are able to drive have very different opinions. Sophomores at Billings Central have stated that it is still hard not being able to park in the school’s parking lot, and that it is a hassle having to park all the way around the block and still needing to walk to school. Many underclassmen believe that it is unfair that only seniors are able to have the spots reserved for them.

Seniors are leaving to college in the coming year, and the parking lot spaces are a privilege that the underclassmen will one day earn.