Homecoming Week 2022

Lauren Tracy and Camryn Clark

A group of seniors at the volleyball game

During the week of September 18-24, Billings Central Catholic High School students celebrated homecoming. Student council spent time planning out the themes for each of the days of homecoming and activities for the week. To kick off homecoming week, students came to school on Sunday to decorate the halls. This allowed students to get creative and make their hall festive to fit in with the fun week.

On Monday, the dress-up theme was Adam Sandler. Students dressed up as Adam Sandler, wearing baggy shorts and t-shirts, hats, and big sneakers. The theme for Tuesday was music genre day. BCCHS students dressed as various genres of music such as country, rap, and hip hop. Some of the Central staff decided to get creative by dressing up as different spices and being the Spice Girls. The theme on Wednesday was color day. Students wore unique, colorful outfits from head to toe. The theme for Thursday was formal wear day. Students dressed their best to impress. Many people wore fancy dresses, suits, business wear, and fancy shoes. On Friday, BCCHS students participated in spirit day. Students wore Central-themed clothing and had lots of green and white on. Friday was also anything but a backpack day. Everyone got creative and brought some pretty fun backpacks on Friday like shopping carts, crockpots, and kayaks.

On Friday, students had many fun activities planned for them. They had the chance to perform in the talent show. Many students and some teachers performed music for the facility and students. Students also got to participate in a pep rally. The BCCHS pep band and cheerleaders performed for the school. The senior boys and girls performed the annual senior boys vs. senior girls dance. They competed to see whose dance was better. Students got to finish off their school day by enjoying a barbecue for lunch. After the homecoming football game later that night, students had the option of attending the homecoming dance. The dance was twenty minutes after the football game, and students got to go dance and hang out with their friends.

Sophomore Ava Yates said, “Formal day was my favorite theme this week, because it was a different theme than years in the past. My favorite activity from the week was the talent show.” Sophomore Bailee Roesch said, “My favorite theme was Adam Sandler day, because it was comfy and I didn’t have to worry about what to wear. My favorite part of homecoming week was the pep rally.”

Throughout the week, Central students got to participate in and watch different Central teams play in a full schedule of games. Central golf participated in their divisional tournament, volleyball had two intense games against Hardin and Dawson, football played their homecoming game against Park, and both of the soccer teams faced Laurel.

Overall, BCCHS homecoming week was considered a success by a large number of students. Many enjoyed dressing up and participating in different activities at school. Homecoming week at Central was a great way for students to have fun, participate in different activities, and show school spirit.