BC Chronicle

The Student News Site of Billings Central Catholic High School

BC Chronicle

BC Chronicle

3/27/2024 From L to R, Senior, Jack Milroy, Sophomore, Ella Fairbanks, and Junior, Annie Hanser in safety gear before observing a surgery.
HOSA Immersion Day
April 15, 2024
2/14/2024 
Seniors, Kenna and Aidan in Father John’s “Speed Dating”  seminar.
Theological Dating
April 11, 2024

Careers in Healthcare Student Summit Day

Central juniors and seniors attend informational event at MSUB
+10.27.23+BCCHS+HOSA+and+APES+students+attended+a+healthcare+professional+development+day+on+at+MSUB.
Photo courtesy of Krista Cunningham
10.27.23 BCCHS HOSA and APES students attended a healthcare professional development day on at MSUB.

On October 27, a group of BCCHS a number of juniors and seniors in Central’s HOSA Club attended the Biomedical Professional Development Day at Montana State University – Billings. Participants were given opportunities to explore a wide variety of medical career options by listening to local healthcare professionals and asking them questions. Stations featuring hands-on dummies and simulations gave students opportunities to practice drawing blood and giving injections. The day provided an opportunity to learn about the requirements and different options for successful careers in healthcare.

Central science teacher and HOSA club advisor Krista Cunningham organized the trip, and said it was a valuable experience for students. “They gained insight into how to conduct an interview and how to write an application and resume that stands out amongst individuals in the healthcare community,” she said. Cunningham says the event was informative for students interested in healthcare careers and was also very hands-on and inclusive, featuring activities such as suturing demonstrations. “I liked all the hands on stuff. That really stood out to me,” said junior HOSA member Kiya Ford.

Donate to BC Chronicle

Your donation will support the student journalists of Billings Central Catholic High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.