BC Chronicle

The Student News Site of Billings Central Catholic High School

BC Chronicle

BC Chronicle

3/27/2024 From L to R, Senior, Jack Milroy, Sophomore, Ella Fairbanks, and Junior, Annie Hanser in safety gear before observing a surgery.
HOSA Immersion Day
April 15, 2024
2/14/2024 
Seniors, Kenna and Aidan in Father John’s “Speed Dating”  seminar.
Theological Dating
April 11, 2024

O, Christmas Tree!

Central students volunteer at annual fundraiser alongside Knights of Columbus.

On November 19, Billings Central Catholic High School students volunteered their time to assist Knights of Columbus Councils 9976 and 1259 in unloading Christmas trees as part of a holiday season fundraiser. The annual fundraiser takes place at two local parishes—St. Pius X and St. Bernard—and aims to raise money for local charities. Sections of the parishes’ parking lots are cordoned off for the nearly 1,000 trees available each year. The Knights of Columbus rely on support from students at Central to help them unload the Christmas trees from the large trucks that transport them.

The tree lot was open before Christmas from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm on weekdays and 10:00 pm to 8:00 pm on weekends. They sold a variety of trees, including Frasier Firs, Grand Firs, and Douglas Firs, for a range of prices. Some of the trees are sold for over $100.

The proceeds from the tree lot go towards supporting the charities listed below.

• Family Services
  • LaVie Pregnancy Services
  • Billings Elementary Title 1 Schools Coats for Kids
  • Head Start Schools
  • Family Promise of Yellowstone County
  • St. Vincent de Paul
  • Billings Catholic Schools
  • Billings Food Bank
Donate to BC Chronicle

Your donation will support the student journalists of Billings Central Catholic High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.