BC Chronicle

The Student News Site of Billings Central Catholic High School

BC Chronicle

BC Chronicle

Christmas Cantata

The Winter Concert December 2023
Photo Courtesy of Kari Adams
12.13.23 Senior Finley Hauk narrating during the Christmas Cantata.

The 2023 Christmas Cantata was held on December 13th  and was filled with excitement. In the Cantata, all three of Central’s programs housed within Central’s music department (symphonic band, orchestra, and choir) play together in one large series of songs. In the hours before the performance, the orchestra, band, and choir students bustled around, preparing for their biggest concert of the year. After a quick prayer and pep talk in the chapel, the Cantata began. This year’s Cantata had twelve pieces and was titled “The Winter Rose.” It was composed by Joseph M. Martin. Many music students enjoyed performing this Cantata and its peaceful and beautiful themes. According to junior Billie Cate Schmidt, “The Cantata this year really brought all of the music department together as a whole.”

Donate to BC Chronicle

Your donation will support the student journalists of Billings Central Catholic High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.